The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), which is commonly known as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obamacare, is a United States Federal Law signed into affect on March 23rd, 2010 by President Barack Obama. Though it includes several levels of reform for healthcare professionals, it also requires most Americans to carry an acceptable form of health insurance coverage. This “individual mandate” is just now taking effect for American citizens.
D&M Accounting is dedicated to helping our clients and provide resources to help taxpayers understand the rules and how they can stay compliant and avoid penalties.
- Who is required to have insurance coverage, and who qualifies for exemptions
- What type of coverage is required and what companies provide those plans or policies
- What is the Health Insurance Marketplace and how can it help
- Financial assistance and premium credits available to make insurance more affordable
- Possible penalties for not having coverage
If you are looking for information on Health Insurance costs or how to apply please use the following links:
Customers under 65 years of age click here.
Customers over 65 Years of age click here.